CrossFit Odyssey is dedicated to keeping our members, staff, and all those in the community safe while social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis.
We believe that your health, self-esteem and well-being are the primary concerns of our business and we are dedicated to adapting our business to serve you in the best way possible. Our decisions may be redefined many times as we walk this path with you.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and the beginning of Shelter in Place orders, we have been doing everything we can to offer options that will best serve and protect our clients and employees and be responsible to the greater community. That includes Zoom workouts and as of May 1st small group workouts at the park as defined in the Texas re-opening mandate from Governor Abbott.
We are committed to bringing the best of our organization to the table to work with government officials and health experts to map out the safest way for our business to reopen and serve our clients safely. After monitoring our industry and various federal and state guidelines, we have developed steps for CrossFit Odyssey to open safely. These guidelines are outlined below.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
We will continue to uphold our high standards of cleanliness and take these additional steps as recommended by the CDC because your safety is our #1 priority:
- Surfaces thoroughly wiped and disinfected, multiple times a day
- Equipment cleaned and sanitized thoroughly between each client
- No sharing of equipment
- Several options for fitness instruction
- All doors will be kept open to allow wind and airflow and reduce potential air hazzards.
We’ll strictly adhere to CDC distancing guidelines by implementing the following adaptations to our studios:
- Changes to our lobby, limiting wait areas and number of clients in the studio at one time
- Retail product to be handled by client only
- Contactless check-in/out on your Odyssey account
- Refraining from handshakes, hugs or high fives upon greeting clients
To help keep our community healthy, we ask that you:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Please refrain from coming into the studio if you aren’t feeling well; we’re happy to reschedule your appointment!
Option 2: Cardio Session ONLY (Metcon) performed outside ONLY with only 1 or two pieces of equipment that are not shared. Obviously weather will be an issue with this, but we do have the covered area out back that should help. This will be a 30 minute session.
Option 3: Private Personal Training with only 2-4 people (2 coaches and 2 clients) in the entire facility (one inside and one out).
Option 4: Online Personal Training conducted wherever YOU happen to be. We have several ways this can be accomplished, which will be decided upon discussing your goals and preferences.
- (A) We start the week with an online Zoom or FaceTime call and discuss weekly goals, progress, etc. and then you perform the workouts on your own and report back to us weekly.
- (B) We discuss the workout by Zoom or FaceTime each day that you have a worout scheduled and then you perform the workouts on your own.
- (C) We can complete the entire workout by Zoom or FaceTime.
Option 5. CrossFit classes on Zoom. We will continue to offer these with every class period in an effort to make sure your health comes first and you feel safe. If you do not have the necessary equipment at home to complete the workout, we will work with you to scale it or make it work for your environment.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us. We are here to serve your needs as best we can.
Thank you for being a valued client and helping our community stay healthy!