Easter is one of those times of year that everyone wants to have lots of family together with lots of food! The staples down here in the South are usually a big fat ham, some cole slaw, maybe some collard greens and a nice big potato salad. The problem is that some of it is over done and relatively unhealthy. Well, here is a Potato Salad recipe that you can serve this year that will knock everyone’s socks off AND it’s a little bit healthier!
- 10 red potatoes
- about 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of cooked bacon (preferably nitrate and nitrite free)
- 1 small bunch cilantro – chopped
- 4 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. paleo mayonnaise (see http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/06/03/the-secret-to-homemade-mayo-patience/) for recipe (you can also use store bought)
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. cook bacon and set aside
2. cut red potatoes into bite sized pieces and set on cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 425 until crispy – about 20-30 minutes. Let cool.
3. toss potatoes with mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro and bacon. Drizzle with a little red wine vinegar and toss again.
ENJOY! And have a beautiful Easter holiday!